Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I need my space

And last night was the last draw...

Dear Junk Food,

I had every intention to give you up during this challenge and yet you somehow managed to rear your ugly (albeit delicious) head back into my life. Why must you tempt me with your tasty goodness? I truly love you (I even made you my sixth food group) but you wreak havoc on my belly, hips, and thighs. I think it's best if we take a break from each other. And please stop showing up at every opportunity and masquerade like a delicious treat (i.e. a red velvet cupcake)!

With every area code you came in a different form, enticing me with your sweet deliciousness. Like a fiend I could not resist and you were again a part of me in a cocaine heartbeat; conch fritters in the Bahamas, shave ice and malasadas on the beaches of Hawaii, BBQ’d seafood in Aruba, Gray's Papaya and White Castle in NYC, fish balls and sorbetes in the Philippines, Dunkin Donuts in Florida, Pinkberry and Kogi's in LA, Sonics in Vegas, shrimp tacos on Spring Break in Rosarito, carne asada fries in San Diego, the list goes on… We’ve done it all baby. We’ve done it all.

You'll always be the sweetest thing in my life. I’m going to miss the sugar fix that was my salvation from deadlines or a bad day. Being with you changed me but all you ever did was add junk to my trunk. Yes you were easily accessible and there when I needed you but, that was it... you were just too easy.

In your desperate attempt to keep me, you even sang to me in the form of dark chocolate Kit Kats (my weakness: dark chocolate anything). Although I devoured it in a record-setting of 14.3 seconds, it had disaster written all over it. It's such bad timing if there ever was one. Even though you're the only one who can make my heart skip a beat, I can't be with you right now. You belong with angel food cake and all things that are not conducive to my goal.

You'll always have a special place in my heart (probably the valves and arteries you've clogged) but I'm done eating like a beast. Farewell.

xoxo,
Queenie

P.S. Here's my favorite picture of us.

7 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdxVfi632Xw

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZGgeGHU1Bs

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd9XnyNGXGs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still not convinced, here let me sell you...lets make it more dramatic...lol.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xOU2tLl7g

    Vern's Favorite Video....

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Wifey...I am like the cackle factory over here while reading this blog post, I kind of cried. That was classic comedy. CLASSIC! Oh and it made me hungry...

    NEXT STOP: Kogi's!!! What can I get for you? :D

    <3coACh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious !!! Hahahaha !!!! I love , love this post , hahahaha !!!

    <3 AZMB <3

    ReplyDelete